Small. Fast. Reliable.
Choose any three.
SQLite Release 3.18.1 On 2017-06-16
Changes in version 3.18.0 (2017-03-30):
- Added the PRAGMA optimize command
- The SQLite version identifier returned by the sqlite_source_id() SQL function
and the sqlite3_sourceid() C API and found in the SQLITE_SOURCE_ID macro is
now a 64-digit SHA3-256 hash instead of a 40-digit SHA1 hash.
- Added the json_patch() SQL function to the JSON1 extension.
- Enhance the LIKE optimization so that it works for arbitrary expressions on
the left-hand side as long as the LIKE pattern on the right-hand side does not
begin with a digit or minus sign.
- Added the sqlite3_set_last_insert_rowid() interface and use the new interface in
the FTS3, FTS4, and FTS5 extensions to ensure that the sqlite3_last_insert_rowid()
interface always returns reasonable values.
- Enhance PRAGMA integrity_check and PRAGMA quick_check so that they verify
- Enhance the query plans for joins to detect empty tables early and
halt without doing unnecessary work.
- Enhance the sqlite3_mprintf() family of interfaces and the printf SQL function
to put comma separators at the thousands marks for integers, if the "," format modifier
is used in between the "%" and the "d" (example: "%,d").
- Added the -DSQLITE_MAX_MEMORY=N compile-time option.
- Added the .sha3sum dot-command and the .selftest dot-command
to the command-line shell
- Begin enforcing SQLITE_LIMIT_VDBE_OP. This can be used, for example, to prevent
excessively large prepared statements in systems that accept SQL queries from
- Various performance improvements.
- Ensure that indexed expressions with collating sequences are handled correctly.
Fix for ticket eb703ba7b50c1a5.
- Fix a bug in the 'start of ...' modifiers for the date and time functions.
- Fix a potential segfault in complex recursive triggers, resulting from a
bug in the OP_Once opcode introduced as part of a performance optimization in
- In the RBU extension, add extra sync operations to avoid the possibility of
corruption following a power failure.
- The sqlite3_trace_v2() output for nested SQL statements should always begin
with a "--" comment marker.
Additional changes in version 3.18.1 (2017-06-16):
- Fix a bug associated with auto_vacuum that can lead to database
corruption. The bug was introduced in version 3.16.0 (2017-01-02).
- SQLITE_SOURCE_ID: "2017-06-16 13:41:15 77bb46233db03a3338bacf7e56f439be3dfd1926ea0c44d252eeafa7a7b31c06"
- SHA3-256 for sqlite3.c: 334eaf776db9d09a4e69d6012c266bc837107edc2c981739ef82081cb11c5723
A complete list of SQLite releases
in a single page and a chronology are both also available.
A detailed history of every
check-in is available at
SQLite version control site.